November 6, 2011

I love Awkapella

Sarah, me, and Chiaka at Plaza before the concert
Last night was awesomeeeee. My Acapella group Take Note, along with all of the other amazing Acapella groups at school had a huge concert together which was all in the dark.  600 people came to watch us literally sing in pitch black.  We all were decked out in neon colors and black because we were under a black light so it looked pretty cool minus the fact that all you could really see was our teeth.  It was just such a fun time and it made me realize how lucky I am to be in such an awesome group and how glad I am that I finally got over my fear of singing in public.

Me, Laney, Sarah, and Yesha at Reston Town Center
In high school I wouldn't have ever dreamed of singing in front of people and when I look back and think about that now I can't imagine doing anything else.  Not only do I love singing, I mostly just love hanging out with the girls in my group.  I can totally be myself, but I am kind of myself on crack when I'm with them.  During practice all I do is tell seriously the dumbest jokes you've ever heard and act weirder then I've ever acted in my life, but oddly enough, everyone loves it.  It's probably because I'm by far the oldest in the group you know due to the fact that I'm in grad school and 23 years old and we just had one girl in our group turn 18. So yea, major age difference there, which means they have to hang on to every word I say haha.  But in all seriousness, I love them sooo much and they have made my college experience 100 times better!
Sarah, me, and Caitlin after Glow-in-the-Darkapella

This quote perfectly describes my feelings towards the loves of my life! Love you guys!
Source: flickr.com via Kasey on Pinterest

Here is a bad quality video of me with my OBSESSION Damian from CNU's all boy's group "Expansion" singing "Fix You" last year. I'll post better videos some other time when I'm on my computer because that's where they all are!

5 comments:

  1. OMG you're a blogger too! I miss you guys so much, when I get back to the states I wanna see all of you!

    ... iz cool that I creeped yaya? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... I hope you realize this is Yesha, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so cool! Wish I had been there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best quote ever! Thanks for sharing it.

    Visiting from FTLOB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so jealous! I've always wanted to be able to sing. What an awesome talent to have!

    Visiting from comment love day :)

    ReplyDelete